Sunday September 12th, 2021 // 9:00 am - 12:00 pm // Yucatan Room
The AABB Standards for Relationship Testing Laboratories may be purchased prior to the workshop at AABB.org
This workshop will address AABB accreditation related topics, including the accreditation process, Relationship Testing Standards, proficiency testing, validations, and calculations.
- Common Nonconformances to the AABB Standards for Relationship Testing and how to avoid them.
- An introduction to the initial accreditation process and requirements to maintain accreditation.
- A preview of the changes to the 15th Edition of the AABB standards for Relationship testing Laboratories.
- Outcomes of recent proficiency tests and complex relationship testing calculations.
- An understanding of Genetic Genealogy as it relates to AABB standards and relationship testing calculations.
- An understanding of various risk assessment methods as applied to relationship testing.
Current AABB members as well as anyone interested in the AABB Accreditation Program for Relationship Testing Facilities.
For questions regarding this workshop contact Marsha Deitz.
|AABB Accreditation Program Updates and Common Nonconformances||Marsha Dietz, MBA, MT (ASCP), CQA (ASQ), Staff Lead Assessor, Relationship Testing, AABB|
|Preview of the 15th Edition of Standards for Relationship Testing Laboratories, Proficiency results review||Dr. Megan Shaffer, Ph.D., AABB Relationship Testing Standards Committee Chair, Technical Director, DNA Identification Testing Division LabCorp|
|How Many Familial Relationship Testing Results Could be Wrong? A Model for the Estimation of False Interpretations.||Jianye Ge, Ph.D., Associate Director, Associate Professor, Center for Human Identification University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, TX|
|Risk Assessment Methods||Marsha Dietz, MBA, MT (ASCP), CQA (ASQ), Staff Lead Assessor, Relationship Testing, AABB|