Sunday September 22nd, 2019 // 9:00 am - 12:00 pm // Mohave Learning Center
|9:00 – 9:45||AABB Accreditation Program Updates and Common Nonconformances||Marsha Deitz, MBA, MT (ASCP), CQA (ASQ)|
Staff Lead Assessor, Relationship Testing, AABB
|9:45 – 10:15||Complex Calculations, eDNA, Brutus, and BulletProof Software||Kent M. Harman, Ph.D., MBA|
|10:15 – 11:30||Changes to the 14th Edition of the RT Standards.|
CAP Proficiencies and Complex Calculations
|George C. Maha, JD, Ph.D., MT(ASCP), D(ABMG)|
Associate Vice President, DNA Identification Testing Division, LabCorp, Chair of the AABB Standards Program Unit, Liaison to the AABB Accreditation Program Unit and CAP Identity Testing Committee
|11:30 – 12:00||DHS Rapid DNA Success Story and the DNA Store/Match/Share (SMS) prototype||Amanda C. Sozer, Ph.D., President|
Workshop Chair: Marsha Deitz (AABB)
Description: This workshop will address various AABB accreditation related topics, including the accreditation process, Relationship Testing Standards, proficiency testing, validations, and calculations.
- An understanding of the 14th Edition of the AABB Standards for Relationship Testing
- An introduction to the initial accreditation process and requirements to maintain accreditation.
- Outcomes of recent proficiency tests and complex relationship testing calculations.
- An understanding of various software applications for complex calculations
- An update on Rapid DNA Testing and applications at the Department of Homeland Security.
Intended Audience: Current AABB members as well as anyone interested in the AABB Accreditation Program for Relationship Testing Facilities.
*There is no cost for this workshop. The AABB Standards for Relationship Testing Laboratories, 14th Edition, may be purchased prior to the workshop in the AABB marketplace.
For questions regarding this workshop contact Marsha Deitz (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
For questions regarding this workshop contact Marsha Deitz.