The ISHI organizing committee is moving forward with a hybrid symposium this September. We anticipate being able to accommodate 550 attendees and vendors on-site. The ISHI general session talks and select workshops will be made available via a virtual platform for those who are unable to attend this year’s symposium.
We are closely monitoring all guidelines established by local and national governments and Disney properties as they relate to large gatherings. Current event safety protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Limited ticketing for the general session and workshops to maximize social distancing
- 6’ social distancing in all public spaces
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in hotel rooms, meeting spaces and theme parks
- Mandatory masking while on Disney property (except while eating or drinking)
- One-way traffic flow in the exhibit hall with 8’ height dividers between booths
In addition to these protocols all symposium participants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and sign a Disney waiver prior to attending ISHI functions. These precautions are being put in place to ensure that all who attend ISHI are able to safely enjoy the conference. Those who are unable to receive the vaccine or who have elected not to receive the vaccine are invited to attend the conference virtually at a reduced rate.