Home // Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use of Promega Corporation Websites
By registering for any ISHI-sponsored conferences or events (the “Conference”), registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Registration for the Conference is not considered confirmed until the registrant has received a registration confirmation email and arrangements for payment have been made.
- Registrants whose fees have not been paid by the Conference start date shall be required to pay on-site or make arrangements for payment of fees within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Conference.
- Promega reserves the right to cancel any registration at any time prior to the Conference start date if any individual or entity registrant has any overdue payments owed to Promega.
- Registrants will be required to produce student photo identification if they have registered to attend the conference at the student rate.
- Badges cannot be shared or used by anyone other than the person named on the registration; badges used by anyone other than the actual registrant may be revoked without refund.
- Registrants are required to comply with the rules and regulations governing the applicable venue and/or accommodation.
- Registrants agree not to bring to the Conference any material, substance, equipment or object which may endanger the life of, or to cause bodily injury to, any person at the Conference or which may create a hazard to property at the Conference, without the prior written approval of Promega.
- Promega reserves the right to remove any registrant from the Conference without refund for misbehavior, health and safety reasons, or breach of these terms and conditions, or the terms and conditions of any exhibit vendor contracts, if applicable.
- All payments must be made in full and in U.S. Dollars. Payment must be made within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Conference. Registrants that do not pay when registering for the Conference may receive an invoice from Promega for the registration fees. In such an event, the terms and conditions of any invoice shall apply.
- The Conference price is exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) and all other similar sales taxes, fees or charges, as applicable. If Promega is required to pay any such tax, fee or charge, registrant shall reimburse Promega or, at the time of order, registrant shall provide Promega with an exemption certificate acceptable to the relevant taxing authorities.
- All cancelations must be made through the registration website, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No other modes of cancelation will be accepted. Registration cancellations are non-refundable, unless otherwise agreed to by Promega.
Event Changes/Cancellation by Promega
- Promega reserves the right to make alterations to the program, date and/or venue at any time.
- Promega reserves the right to postpone or cancel the Conference at any time and at its sole discretion. In the event of such a postponement or cancellation, Promega will refund any registration fees paid, direct to registrant upon proof of purchase, and this refund shall be the full extent of Promega’s liability to registrant arising out of such cancellation. In such an event, Promega shall not be liable to any registrant for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodations costs, or financial losses.
- In the event of cancellation by Promega, Promega will use reasonable endeavors to alert registrants. The details of any cancellation will be posted on the appropriate Conference website.
- All materials provided by Promega or ISHI remain the intellectual property of Promega, which asserts its right to worldwide copyright unless specifically agreed otherwise in writing.
- Recording, by any means, of any session at the Conference, by any registrants, is strictly prohibited.
- Registration and attendance at or participation in the Conference constitutes an agreement by registrant to Promega or ISHI’s use and distribution of the registrant’s image or voice in video or photographs. These recordings may be done by any means and without compensation of any kind to registrant. Registrant agrees that Promega will remain the copyright owner of the recordings and may use registrant’s images or audio recordings in the course of ISHI or Promega’s business and marketing, at its sole discretion.
- Only approved exhibit vendors may solicit, subject to the terms and conditions in any relevant exhibit vendor contract(s). Promega reserves the right to escort any registrant, including any exhibit vendor, from the Conference who is reported to be soliciting in violation of these terms and conditions, or the terms and conditions of any exhibit vendor contract.
- Promega will not be liable for lost or stolen property. Found items can be claimed with appropriate verification.
- THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, IF ANY, OF PROMEGA FOR ALL DIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTRACT DAMAGES AND DAMAGES FOR INJURIES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, WHETHER ARISING FROM PROMEGA’S BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT WITH RESPECT TO THE CONFERENCE, OR ANY SERVICES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONFERENCE, IS LIMITED TO AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED REGISTRANT’S REGISTRATION PRICE FOR THE CONFERENCE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROMEGA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES AND PROFITS, EVEN IF PROMEGA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS SPECIFIED IS THE EXCLUSIVE ALTERNATIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT THAT ANY OTHER CONTRACTUAL REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin.