Convince Your Boss
You already know that attending the International Symposium on Human Identification is a great investment in skills, professional development and relationship building, but just in case you need help showcasing the value to your employer, we’ve created a letter and budget worksheet of potential costs for you to use.
Why Should You Attend?
- Two and a half days of General Session talks featuring industry leaders and emerging technologies
- 120+ Scientific Poster presentations over the course of two days
- An exhibit hall featuring 50+ vendors in the forensic field
- Organized networking opportunities on Monday and Wednesday evenings
- Focused topic lunches on Tuesday and Wednesday
- 11 workshop options, with topics to be announced. Previous workshop topics include: Validation and Mixture Interpretation SOPs, Likelihood Ratios and Probabilistic Genotyping, Detecting and Resolving Errors in Forensic Testing, and Simulation of NGS and Bioinformatics Workflow
"ISHI is a conference that is comprehensive in its coverage of forensic DNA research and case work, while providing a more global view of the importance of genetic analysis as a field. Unlike larger society-based conferences (e.g., AAFS), it is large enough to meet a broad array of interest in DNA, but small enough to be intimate."James Landers // University of Virginia, Department of Chemistry