Your time and funding is limited, so how do you decide what conferences to attend? The International Symposium on Human Identification brings together leaders in the industry and facilitates conversations, collaboration and the exchange of knowledge in a fun and friendly setting. Read on to see why ISHI 33 should be #1 on your list of meetings to attend this year.
5) ISHI is a great place for potential employers and employees to connect. If you are looking to fill a role in your organization or are seeking a new position, check out the job posting board. Upload your profile in the conference app and schedule in person conversations in advance.
4) You can level up your resume with your attendance at ISHI. The workshops that you attend will not only make you smarter, but they will look great on your CV. Present a scientific poster and share your research with the forensic community. Bonus points if you post about it on social media.
3) Bring practical knowledge back to your lab. Workshops on Sunday, Monday and Thursday cover a variety of interests and disciplines. You can hone your leadership skills, get practice working through DNA mixture statistics or explore the practical application of Investigative Genetic Genealogy. Meet vendors selling products to improve the forensic workflow and hear policy updates that affect the field.
2) Hear about the latest advances in forensic science at ISHI. New technologies are in the pipelines, leading labs and research institutions are kicking the tires and will share their findings at ISHI. Hear from thought leaders during the general session talks and learn from your peers during the poster sessions.
1) You can find your people at ISHI. The people attending ISHI are as passionate about forensic science as you are. Many have been coming to ISHI for decades. Met them and learn from them during the various networking opportunities including the welcome reception and focused topic lunch sessions. Look for an announcement soon disclosing details for the off-site in downtown DC.
An added bonus, admission for the social functions is included in your symposium registration. We know that it can be daunting to attend a meeting for the first time, so (new for this year), we’ll be hosting a Sunday evening reception specifically for students and young scientists. Get to know your peers in a reception style event and then attend a panel presentation with our Advisory Committee members to learn how to make the most of your ISHI experience and gain advice for advancing your career.
A special discounted rate is available for students. Your registration fee includes the Welcome Reception and special Wednesday dinner event, continental breakfast each day and lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday. Find more details including workshop offerings, confirmed speakers, and instructions for submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation on the official symposium site, www.ishinews.com
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS? SUBSCRIBE TO THE ISHI BLOG BELOW!