Oct 08 2019
Fun Facts from ISHI 30
The 30th International Symposium on Human Identification was one of the largest yet, with approximately 1,000 attendees! Here are some other fun facts about the meeting as well as a video of the highlights.
- These 1,000 attendees represented 46 countries from around the globe.
- According to the post-ISHI survey, most attendees self-identified as DNA Analysts, followed by Scientist, and Technical Leader.
- In that same survey, most responded that they attended the conference to learn more about advances in forensic science, and our speakers delivered! From a panel on the future of forensics to the latest on genetic genealogy, Rapid DNA, and MPS, a myriad of topics was discussed. Stay tuned for video interviews with some of our speakers!
- The workshops and general session talks weren’t the only place new technologies were featured. Our exhibit hall included 49 vendor booths from around the world and over 100 scientific posters presented over two days.
- ISHI attendees like their caffeine! Over 50 gallons of coffee were drank on Tuesday morning alone!
Were you there? We’d love to hear your feedback! Was there something that you really enjoyed, or a talk that you’d like to see next year? If you haven’t yet, please take a few minutes to complete the post-ISHI survey. Two lucky winners will receive a $25 gift card!
Now, let’s relive some of the best moments from Palm Springs, and remember to save the date for ISHI 31, which will be held September 14-17, 2020 in San Antonio, TX.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS? SUBSCRIBE TO THE ISHI BLOG BELOW!